Michelin Star winners 2016September 17, 2015
The Restaurant Show 2016October 12, 2016
Are you running your business or is it running you?
There are lots of different costs to factor in when running a restaurant.
First, you have start up costs then a never ending monthly cycle of spending on:-
- Catering Equipment including ovens, stoves, refrigerators and freezers
- Tables, chairs, dishes, glassware and utensils.
- Booking and POS system to process orders, payments and reservations.
- Energy bills – gas, phone, electric etc.
- Wages for chefs, prep cooks, waiting staff, bartenders, managers.
- Food: food prices fluctuate so you need to be prepared for rising costs at times.
- Food hygiene, insurance, rent, rates, repairs.
- Competition and events that are outside your control.
- Location: Rent, rates, bills, water.
- HR Support: for when the staff aren’t doing what they should.
Need I go on?
Business owners almost always have great plans, but the reality is, that:-
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS POINTLESS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH CUSTOMERS.
Are you really prepared to add 60-80 hours of sales and marketing strategy and execution per month to the list above?
THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED!
We have spoken to hundreds of restaurants over the last few years. Would you be surprised if we said that not one of the restaurants we have spoken to is doing their marketing as well as they could?
That means the chance that we can’t improve your sales is very low. Even if you are doing fairly well – we have proven, we can help you do better!
Ask yourself honestly…
- Are you making the most of your business or are you letting customers slip through your hands and letting someone else serve them instead?
- If your business is not running at capacity and only just breaking even or making a loss then what is going wrong and are you running yourself into debt?
- Are you creating barriers to your success rather than removing them?
If you want to gain customers, you need to engage with them constantly and know how to market to them. We do this for dozens of restaurants like yours, all over the UK!
Unfortunately, to succeed, you have no choice but to invest in marketing, after all, what’s the point in doing a refurbishment or having a new menu at great cost, if you don’t even have customers in the first place!
We have been around for over 10 years now, supporting venues across the UK. You might think that for some reason, it won’t work for you too, but speak to our clients.